Gorge Model Railroad Club
1. Nickel-silver rail shall be used throughout the layout.
2. Standard gauge rail size: CODE 100.
3. Logging and dual gauge rail size: CODE 100 and 70 throughout.
4. All rail shall be blackened, weathered, or colored in
some manner to give a prototype appearance. Weathered track is not necessary
5. Prefabricated track sections (Atlas flex track) with non-fiber
ties shall be used throughout the layout. EXCEPTION: at the discretion
of the P&E Committee, hand laid rail on individual stained wood ties
may be used in turnouts, and in highly visible locations.
6. Where spiking of rail is required, small head spikes shall
7. Ties of appropriate size and color shall be placed (properly
spaced) at all points under the rail, wherever the original tie has been
- Trackwork S-3
Standards - Track Centers S-8
Standards - Trackwork General RP-10
Standards - Rail RP 15.1
Go to top
to Standards Home
Please report any webpage problems to: CGMRC Webmaster
Last update: 24Jan10